Field Name Book description from 1838/1839 noted by the surveyors who produced the O.S maps originally.
B.S.S.M. : 5
Baile Lis na hEidhnighe, town of the fort of the ivy.
- Ballisnahyny West : J. 0’Donovan
- Ballisnahina : Rev: Jas. Geraghty
- Balligneheny : Strafford’s Survey
Ballisnahyny East is a central townland: Bounded on the N. by the tds. of Ballynalty and Bunnafollistran; L. by the td. of Ballisnahyny East; S. by Cloghmoyne td.; and W. by the tds. of Mounthenry and Glassavally.
Ballisnahyny West is one of the tds. forming the detached portion of the parish of Kilmainebeg.
It is a central td. Bounded on the N. by Bunnafollistran td.; E. by Cahernabrock td.; S. by Carrowoughteragh td.; and W. by the td. of Ballisnahyny West.
Historical & Archaeological features